We all know that pain relief and massage are synonymous.. If you have ever had a really good deep massage you probably experienced pain leaving your body. There is a school of thought in some massage clinics that the client should never experience pain from things the therapist is doing. If you REALLY want pain relief however, you may want to avoid those types of therapists. Here are five reasons to get a massage.
1. You are experiencing pain. If there is pain in your body, that is a signal that something isn’t right. If you think about it, everything is muscle. For the most part, bones don’t hurt – no nerves there… but the soft tissue/muscles have thousands of nerves. When things are out of whack, the body’s signal to you is pain.
2. You have tightness in some muscles. Tightness can e a buildup of lactic acid. It can also be that the muscle itself is in misalignment in the body. We have a fascinating complex structure that can house many signs that things are just not right. Massage is perfect for alleviating tightness.
3. You have a lack of flexibility. Much of what we experience as stiffness is no more than a lack of flexibility. This can be caused by fascia becoming adhered to other fascia or the bones, causing muscles to not move to their full capacity. Massage and myofascial release can really help with flexibility.
4. You have swelling or stiffness in and around joints. Often, people with swelling around the joints benefit from having lymphatic massage and acupressure done to open up the lymph, thus opening channels for your body’s flushing cellular waste.
5. You have a lack of vitality/feel sluggish. Regular massage is one of the most therapeutic things you can do for overall good health. A good practitioner can find things in your body that you didn’t know were even there. One of the key benefits of massage are that your nervous system will be first stimulated, then relaxed. You should leave a massage feeling wonderful – however – sometimes the wonderful includes soreness, A good therapist knows this and will prepare you mentally for it. Hey. If you’re in pain now and it took some time to get there, it is probably going to take some pain to solve the problem to get you back to stasis. Just Saying.