Infertility Causes Reducing Baby Hopes
Infertility is the biological inability of a man or a woman to actively participate in conception. Referring to the former, this can also entail the inability to successfully complete the pregnancy cycle, experiencing thus repeated miscarriages, which need to be coped with the right infertility treatment so as to increase chances of pregnancy. The causes of not getting pregnant can be numerous and also the factors influencing such cases, which can be either treated medically or via other means. The fertility period however for each woman is not identical, but normally takes place for a certain period before and during ovulation and being rather neutral the remaining days of the menstrual cycle.
One can speak of infertility, in simple terms, when a woman up to the age of 35 cannot get pregnant after 12 months of contraceptive-free intercourse. Post the age of 35, the aforementioned period is reduced to 6 months.
The causes or even better, health conditions, that can affect the pregnancy likelihood for a woman if getting pregnant, more or less intensely, are illustrated below:
- Diabetes. It can have a negative effect to a certain portion of women, implying that for type 1 or 2 the menstrual cycle can be pushed forward, while the menopause can be seen somewhat sooner. Besides, the frequency of the poly cystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is rather higher for diabetic women, which can also lead to periods irregularity and other non-pregnancy related symptoms.
- Diseases sexually transmitted. These have a damaging effect on both men and women. Once again, the sooner these are treated, the better the chances are to cure infertility and bring back the couple’s baby hopes.
- Endometriosis. This refers to the case that tissue from the endometrium (uterine lining) grows outside the uterus, indicating that the end-result is that the egg will not be fertilized. Surgery can be a solution, if of course recommended by the doctor.
- Obesity. Being overweight can influence fertility too, leading also to more often PCOS. It is highly recommended to lose some extra pounds before pregnancy, but even while being pregnant, weight loss can significantly improve pregnancy and also delivery. In any case, pressure should be avoided and even simple exercises or just walking can help a lot, especially if these take place on a regular base, such as 2-3 times a week. In addition, certain fat foods can be replaced by healthier and nutritional ones, increasing the health levels of the soon-to-be mother and the fetus and also the baby hopes success rate.
- Hypertension. The overall health of the woman is affected and this sense can decrease fertility. Again, the proper diet and mild workout can have the desired outcome. Special cast should be cast on the men’s medication, as it can be related to sperm production or ability to successfully fertilize the eggs.
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID). It impacts the ovaries, fallopian tubes and uterus and may also cause a pelvic inflammatory disease. According to research, the infertility rate can rise up to 15%, while if the disease comes back, the chances are doubled. Fertility can be also touched by other physical problems with the uterus.
Regarding now the man, the reasons behind infertility are depicted below:
- Smoking. Apart from the overall effects on the person’s health status, smoking can reduce the quantity and quality of the sperms.
- Drugs, medicines over a prolonged period of time and other environmental toxins, including pesticides and lead. Again, chemicals of all kinds can attack the health system of the man and thus deteriorate his ability to reproduce. This includes the radiation treatment and chemotherapy for cancer.
- Age. Of course, it is not an issue affecting only the woman, but concerns also the man when the couple is trying to conceive, meaning that post the age of 40 the ability to fertilize the eggs is gradually reduced and a number of measures can be taken in order to increase chances of pregnancy.
Fighting infertility is not an easy task, especially when there are certain health conditions in the way, which need to be successfully and regularly tacked, so that you can increase chances of pregnancy and thus realize your dream.